NCERT Textbook & Solution
Class 1 Mathematics NCERT textbook has 13 chapters in which TERM I has 6 chapters.
Starting from shapes and space to counting numbers upto 50. Class 1 Maths is beautifully bifurcated into various chapters in which student actively learn by doing various activities under the guidance of a teacher.
Various activities are beautifully drawn and presented in such a manner that student feels connected with the activities. Whether solving exercise or filling or outlining the shapes and numbers, students are very much engaged in completing the various tasks allotted to them.
The detailed syllabus has been discussed below along with the Key Concepts and Learning outcomes. So that learning can be Joyful.
Chapter 1: Shapes and Space
- Spatial relationship (position of the objects)
- Use spatial concepts like inside/outside above/below, top/bottom and far/nearest.
- Identify and draw things which are near-far, inside-outside, above-below etc.
- Compare the size of the objects. (smaller-bigger, taller -shorter, Small-smaller–smallest) etc.
- Sort and describe the objects on the basis of shapes
- Sort 2-D shapes such as flat objects made of card etc. Sorting according to shapes.
- Objects that roll and slide- sold objects round sided and flat ones.
- One-to-one correspondence
Chapter 2: Numbers from One to Nine
- Learn the numbers and the Number Names
- Comparison of numbers/objects.
- Problem solving ability will be developed.
- Concept of ‘Zero’.
Chapter 3: Addition
- Additions bringing together/joining.
- Facts up to nine using concrete objects.
- Introduction of the vocabulary say more, in all, altogether etc.
- Commutative property in addition
- Zero in addition.
- Addition using only numbers.
- Solves day-to-day problems related to addition of numbers up to 9.
Chapter 4: Subtraction
- Subtract numbers using 1 to 9
- Subtraction as taking away
- Introduction of vocabulary related to subtraction say take away, how many more/less, left etc.
- Zero in subtraction
- Solves day-to-day problems related to subtraction of numbers 1 to 9.
Chapter 5: Numbers from Ten to Twenty
- Knowledge of numbers upto 20.
- Computes, compares and tries to manipulate the numbers.
Chapter 6: Time
- Knowledge of terms related to time.
- Understands the sequence of the activities that are performed at home.
- Estimates the time taken for different activities.
- Number of days in week
- Number of months in a year
NCERT Textbook (PDF)
Chapter.1. Shapes and Space
Chapter.2. Numbers from One to Nine
Chapter.5. Numbers from Ten to Twenty
Chapter.8. Numbers from Twenty-one to Fifty
Chapter.9. Data Handling
Chapter.13. How Many